Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Haircut for Daddie

Civilian haircuts are generally designed to achieve two main purposes: 1. Shorten hair length and 2. Improve appearance. In today's activity, Haircut for Daddie, we certainly achieved one of those two objectives.  Here's me before the festivities began.  (Note: hair has been fluffed to clearly demonstrate its full magnitude.)

My most recent haircut had been administered just before halloween and was supposed to make me look like the boy from The Cat in the Hat. So, it had been a while and the ol' weeds had grown pretty thick. Other daddies may be able to relate to how hard it can be to find time for personal maintenance, so I decided to do the thing myself, with help from the kids.

With a one-inch guard on the clipper, I turned the kids loose on my dome, snapping cell phone pictures in an attempt to document the proceedings.  My inability to aim the camera lens with my extended left hand, along with the blurred images and weird bathroom lighting end up making the whole thing look just like a bad slasher film. It really is more fun if, as you scroll, you just imagine you’re watching stills from a horror movie.




 














Whoever played the lunatic character with the bad haircut was totally overacting with that constant insane grin.  I mean, seriously!

Iris was the victim in the corner and grippng my neck, frightened as expected by the sound of the clipper and vacuum.  Jane and Sam enjoyed taking turns clipping, but they kept wanting to shave their own and each other’s heads.  They really had more fun sweeping and vacuuming up the thirteen pounds of hair on the floor.  After cleanup we had a four-person family bath, which was splendid. 

I did a bunch of touch-up work during nap time, but will still certainly get made fun of by my students tomorrow.

Fun Rating:  Haircut alone might be a 7.5 because Iris was so petrified and I had to work to keep one of the kids from cutting their or a sibling's hair.  If you throw in the floor cleanup and bath, it raises the score to about 8.5 for the whole shebang. We'll be back on Tuesdays again next week.  




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

  1. I'm speechless with this one....after hooting and laughing (crying) my way through those pix.
    What next?
    your (not-really-anonymous) mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are going to start saving to help Iris with her future therapy sessions.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap.

    I am alone at my computer laughing so loud I'm afraid I'm going to awake Samantha from her nap. So. Fricking. Funny!

    -rob

    ReplyDelete